Ask any entrepreneurs or marketers, and you can be assured that they want to build and grow their email list fast – lightning-fast.
Your mailing list will be one of the most valuable assets you build. Many online marketers discover that their business takes off once they establish a mailing list. Once you have a list, you may generate income on demand – whenever you want – by sending a targeted offer to the list.
Therefore, acquiring as many targeted subscribers as possible for your mailing list makes sense. How do you accomplish this? Check out these seven proven techniques for rapidly acquiring additional subscribers…
1. Provide an incredibly alluring lead magnet
Your leads are incredibly cautious with their email addresses. They will not provide their email address for a standard lead magnet. Therefore, you must ensure that your lead magnets possess the following characteristics:
• They have value. Even if you’re giving it away for free, it should be something that could be sold simply.
• They are appealing. This is crucial; nobody will join your list if people do not want your lead magnets.
So how can you ensure that your lead magnet is in demand? Simple: you determine what other lead magnets in your niche generate interest.
One way to do this is to visit a marketplace such as Clickbank.com to see what others are purchasing. If consumers are willing to pay big money for a specific type of goods in your niche, then you can be sure they will gladly trade their best email address.
The second technique to determine what’s popular is to examine the lead magnets and other forms of content that your rival offers. You may do so by:
• Subscribing to their email list to determine the type of consistent information they distribute.
• Read their blogs to determine which postings are popular (e.g., those that receive many comments or are featured on the blog).
• Follow them on social media to determine the type of content they share and which of these pieces are popular with their fans.
For instance, if you circulate in online marketing circles, you will quickly learn that large lists are rather popular. The Ultimate List of Blog Post Ideas compiled by Ryan Diess has 212 ideas. With 101 things, Jimmy D. Brown possesses the Ultimate List of Lead Magnet Ideas.
What would you do then? That’s right; you would generate your own “ultimate list.” For instance:
• The Ultimate Collection of Catchy Headlines
• The Comprehensive Selection of Profitable Upsells
• The Ultimate Collection of Webinar Topics
Simply set up a few minutes for research and brainstorming, and you will get dozens of ideas.
2. Align Lead Magnets With Viewed Content
When constructing their mailing lists, many marketers commit the error of sending every visitor to the same landing page. If you make a good offer, you will receive satisfactory outcomes.
But if you want the best results, you must create a highly focused offer. That implies something directly relevant to the material that the user just viewed.
For instance, if you have a blog post that provides three ideas for faster weight loss, your lead magnet may be a report with 101 additional weight loss tips.
Another option is to offer your blog’s viewers an upgrade in content. If you have a lengthy anchor post on your website, offer to send it to viewers as a.pdf. Alternatively, you may provide the content in a different (deluxe) format, such as a video version of the text they just read.
For optimal results, include capture forms within the material. In other words, do not require individuals to jump through many hoops to access your opt-in form.
3. Put in place an Overlay Capture System
Here, we’re discussing popups and lightboxes that overlay your website. Typically, these types of capture systems require a response from the user before he or she may continue doing what they were doing on your website.
Do visitors like them? I doubt you’ll find anyone who says they enjoy encountering pop-ups. But in reality, they labor like mad.
Now here’s something crucial…
Do not have your capture system pop up or slide in as soon as a visitor lands on your website. Your visitor does not know what your site is about. Thus they will not join your list if you present them with an offer as soon as they land on the page. Utilize departure and delayed overlays for maximum conversions.
This brings us to the next point…
4. Diversion of Exit Traffic
The fact that your visitors leave without taking action does not imply that they will never act. Typically, it indicates that they were not exposed to an offer highly tailored to their interests.
When visitors click the “back” button to leave your site, you have one final opportunity to present them with a lead magnet that will encourage them to join your mailing list.
“Before you leave, watch this free movie to learn the seven best-kept secrets for seeming 15 years younger…”
If you are ready to work with your website’s coding, you can make these redirects yourself. If you’d instead take the easy route, check for a platform-compatible redirect script or plugin.
5. Send people who visit you on social media to your lead pages.
Social media is great for talking to your audience, starting viral campaigns, and even making sales. But you should focus on getting people in your network to return to your lead pages.
Some of the biggest email service providers have social media apps, like a Facebook app. This makes it easy for you to add a tab to your Facebook page and start collecting email addresses right from Facebook.
That’s the best way to do it since you’re more likely to lose subscribers if you make them do things like click through to your lead page.
6. Post YouTube Videos
You can also use social media to your advantage by posting YouTube videos that have calls to action at the end. People should click on this call to action to go to your lead page.
Here are some tips to help you make the most of this strategy:
• Show targeted offers that have a lot to do with what’s in the video. The free content you give away on your lead page should fit in with the video. So, if you just showed a video about how to do three kettlebell exercises, your lead page might have a video with another dozen exercises.
• Make videos that have a good chance of going viral. Offer something unique. Inspire people. Laugh at them. If you can get people to share your video, your calls to action will automatically reach more people.
• Pay close attention to your tags, titles, and descriptions. Many people use YouTube’s search function to find videos on certain topics, so use a tool like WordTracker.com to find keywords and then use these keywords in the titles and descriptions of your tags. These keywords will also help people find your video using other search engines, like Google.
7. Join forces with a well-known person
Influencers in your niche are the people with big platforms, like mailing lists, popular blogs, and big social networks, where people listen to everything they say and do what they say.
I’m sure you know who the important people are in your niche. But have you thought about how to use their traffic honestly? Yes, you can use their traffic to build your mailing lists if you work with them.
This can be done in six ways:
• Put together a webinar. You and your partner can teach a class together on this webinar, or you can even interview each other. The key here is that your partner helps you market the webinar, and when prospects sign up for the event, they join your list and become part of it.
• Share each other’s newsletters in your newsletters. You can do this once or agree to link to each other’s lead pages for a certain amount of time.
• Change the links on your pages of confirmation. Since the new subscriber is in the mood to subscribe, this is a great place to promote each other’s lead pages.
• Make and share viral content as a group. It could be a video, an app, a report, or something else. Each of you promotes the content and puts links to your lead pages directly into the content.
• Add the influencer to your team of affiliates. Then give them a product for which they get a 100% commission. They get to keep all the money they make immediately, but you get a valuable list of buyers and all the money they make later.
• Guest blogging. Pretty easy. All you have to do is convince your partner to post your exclusive article on their blog. In exchange
When using an influencer’s traffic to build your list, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Get creative because these methods are often the best and quickest ways to turn warm, targeted traffic into subscribers and buyers.
Now, let’s wrap up…
Check out this extra suggestion:
You just learned seven ways that work quickly to get more people to sign up for your list. If you do all seven of these things, your list will grow by leaps and bounds.
I’ll tell you how to get the best results possible: test, track, and tweak everything.
Most people often skip this step. They think that if their lists are getting longer, they shouldn’t fix things that aren’t broken. But even small changes to your landing pages and campaigns can make a big difference.
For instance, let’s say you have a lead page with a conversion rate of 5%. That means that out of every 100 people who visit your lead page, 5 sign up.
But imagine if you did some testing and found a way to increase that to 10 percent, 15 percent, 20 percent, or even more. The money you spend on advertising gives you a much better return. And both your email list and your income will grow a lot faster.
So, testing your campaigns is a good idea. Here are the best places to begin testing and making changes to get the most responses:
• The copy on your lead page, including the headline, the first sentence, a list of bulleted benefits, and a call to action.
• Your lead page design.
• How your “Call to Action” button looks.
• Text copy versus a video sales letter on your lead page.
• The lead magnet you’re giving to people who visit your site.
• Where you put your links and calls to action on your lead page.
Now that you know these seven ways and the extra one that makes them all work better, it’s time to start. I think you’ll like the results if you put these to work today.
Exclusive for BenWebBuilder Systeme IO Members ONLY: Get The Systeme IO Bonus so you can get up and running fast with priceless done-for-you funnels and landing pages.